Why choose electric blinds?
Almost all our of blinds can come electrically operated so I will give you some practical examples and case studies
Recently we put eight fully encased Luxaflex Light Master Electric Blackout Blinds into the editing studio of a famous film director. He had produced a short film for someone, who unfortunately had not been entirely happy with the end result. He blamed it on the fact that his studio was not completely blacked out, so he came to us to solve the issue.
This was a tricky job, as one, the studio had a glass floor (!) and two, we needed a 20 foot high scaffold tower to fit the blinds as the windows were so big. There were two very high lantern windows in the studio and each window needed four blinds. The blinds had to be able to work together to create a total blackout. So, our MD fitted the blinds twenty feet up scaffold which was situated on a glass floor - and he hates heights! However, the end result looked stunning and we succeeded in blacking out all of the light coming into the studio, even from the floor below (the glass). Because we had used radio controlled receivers our client had total control of the blinds on both floors - the Somfy Tellis remote control unit we supplied works up to 30 feet away, even through walls.
● Large, modern offices often have large expanses of adjacent glass and blinds to match. Automation makes life easier and saves time opening and closing your blinds by being incorporated into building management systems or simple timers.We can help with any commercial application. Please do not hesitate to contact us.
● In instances where there are very large, heavy pieces of material to be moved, such as curtains in a museum or outdoor awnings, electrical operation is sometimes essential.
● Electric blackout blinds are often used in boardrooms or studios where it is required that the space is completely blacked out for audio visual presentations, editing, or privacy reasons.
Blinds for Home Cinemas (big boy's toys!)
How cool would it be to have your mates round to watch the match and at the push of a button have all the blinds come down simultaneously to block out the light? Since the advent of home cinemas and flat screen televisions, we are always being asked to install automated systems for just that reason! The run up to the World Cup has been busy for us in this regard.
We offer loads of options to do this, from normal electric blackout blinds, right through to complete fully encased blackout units. Either way, they are a luxurious and practical addition to modern interior design and today's AV technology.
Personally we really like electrically operated blinds and enjoy installing them. They are extremely useful in so many applications and give your property the wow factor. Luxaflex, Silentgliss , Faber and Velux all offer electrically operated options for their blinds. You can even get an app on your iPhone which allows you to control the opening and closing of your blinds from anywhere in the world!
Reasons why you may want to automate you blinds at home.
● Blinds which are very large and out of reach, for example over a skylight, swimming pool or in a conservatory, are much easier and quicker to operate at the touch of a button than hand cranks.If you want to know more about these products just give us a call or email us . We can supply and fit electrical lifting mechanisms to virtually any of our products. Please contact us today!
● Electrically operated blinds were only really seen in high end properties, because they used to cost so much money. But advances in technology mean that they are much less expensive than before. You can even get ones that run on solar power and you can't get cheaper than that!
● Your blinds can be raised and lowered automatically in your absence, which is perfect for security purposes, allowing you to go on holiday, for example, safe in the knowledge that your house does not look unoccupied.
● Automated blinds can be of massive help to the elderly or infirm.